GOVERNOR VACANCY What are we looking for?
Our school Governing Body is made up of Community, Parent, and Staff Governors. Our Governors may come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the community it serves. We are currently looking for new Partnership Governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
What can we offer?
- An interest in the performance of the school.
- A desire to contribute to and represent the community.
- An open and enquiring mind
- The ability to look at issues objectively
- The confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
- A willingness to listen and make informed judgements
- The ability to work well with others
- Time to spare
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
- A chance to develop skills in strategic management
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our School
- Training to develop an understanding of specific School management issues
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our School
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
The Governing Body of our school plays a key role in:
- Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
- Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
- Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the head teacher and therefore the performance of his/her staff and the school as a whole.
- Deciding policy and future development plans
- Upholding good governance and working towards the success of the School
Being a governor can be enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding.
If you are interested, please contact Sue Britland, Clerk to the Governors for an application form at email@example.com