Dear Parent / Carer
I am writing with further details for the trip for years 7, 8 and 9 to Wembley Arena on Wednesday 9th July 2014.
The arrangements for the day are as follows:
- Students should arrive at school at the normal time and attend registration group.
- Smart casual clothing can be worn but students must wear the Green T Shirt provided which should be visible at all times, it is our plan to distribute these on Monday.
- Footwear – For safety reasons flip flops should not be worn.
- After registration pupils will be directed to their departure point where their year heads will give them an allocated coach number and arrange for them to be escorted to the relevant coaches.
- We will not be making a stop on the journey so it is important all students are aware of that.
- On arrival at Wembley Arena students will be led to the Futures Fair event.
- Students have approximately 1 hour to view the various stands, during which time they will have freedom to explore the event. However, there will be 40 members of academy staff present within the room to supervise students as required.
- Staff and students will reconvene at 12:30pm when students will be escorted to the arena in their form groups and seated in their allocated seats. They will then watch the performances by the acts at the event.
- During the concert, students will be allowed to go to the toilet and use the facilities to purchase food and drink etc. they will do this in small groups accompanied by members of staff.
1. Students should bring a packed lunch and food and drink to keep them going until our arrival back at the academy which will be approximately 9pm. If your child receives free school meal one will be provided for them.
2. There will be merchandise available, students are advised to bring money should they wish to make a purchase. However, please note, venues like this are usually very expensive!
3. Students will be given a card outlining an emergency contact number should they need to contact staff for any reason.
4. A text will be sent to you via the school texting system during our return journey, which will give you our expected arrival time at Greenwood Academy.
If you require any further information please contact the Academy.