Key Stage 3
Key Stage 3 (commonly abbreviated as KS3) is the legal term for the three years of schooling in maintained schools in England and Wales normally known as Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9, when pupils are aged between 11 and 14.
Greenwood Academy will offer the following careers support and guidance for all students within KS3. They will all receive the following:
- Curriculum support in all subjects promoting related job advice.
- Allotted time through ‘Tutor Time’ for self-development focusing on lifestyle and progression.
- Access to the careers etc software during Tutor Time.
- Year 8 will be invited to attend a Pre-Options Evening.
- Assemblies and other information on KS4 options including vocational and alternative courses.
- Enrichment and Enterprise activities take place on Curriculum days.
By the end of KS3 all students will have:
- A better understanding of their strengths, achievements and weaknesses and support to evaluate how these might inform future choices in learning and work.
- A better understanding of the full range of 14-19 opportunities for progression.
- An understanding of some of the qualities, attitudes and skills needed for employability.
- Used online careers resources to research information about opportunities and apply their findings to help make informed choices for Key Stage 4 options.
- Received appropriate advice and guidance on Key Stage 4 options and prepared an individual learning plan that sets broad learning goals.